Transition to Action
What should my station expect from this transition?
Expect a swift and seamless conversion of your underwriting department into
a new, vital revenue stream. Enginuity Outsourcing customizes its approach
to fit each unique station and the character of its market to ensure early
and sustaining success.
What happens before Enginuity Outsourcing walks in the door?
We conduct a "Systems Check" to review the performance of commercial
radio and television in your market. Using that benchmark we determine goals
for public radio and television performance within that market. We ensure
the retention and training of your best salespeople and begin recruitment
and training of local new hires.
With realistic goals established and the right people in place to achieve
them we prepare for greatness.
Lift-Off —Readying the underwriting staff for action
- Immerse salespeople in performance management, sales systems
- Meet major underwriters to ensure continuity
- Develop initiatives to accelerate existing, new underwriter relationships
- Underwriting staff becomes a positive public radio face in the community
Gaining Altitude —Maximizing underwriting growth opportunities
- Ensure peak performance with ongoing review of sales, pacing, performance
- Implement Enginuity Outsourcing's annual marketing and training programs to ensure stable
Exploration —Developing new ideas to further deepen corporate relationships
- Transform underwriters into engaged supporters of public stations
- Adopt Underwriter Appreciation Program to improve customer relations
- Investigate new non-underwriting, budget-relieving opportunities for
stations Sponsorship of special events
- Web site sales development
- All new activities move forward only with station approval and interest
Generating challenge grants... Finding production support for station initiatives...
Locating sponsors to offset the cost of special events... Cultivating relationships
between local underwriters and station leadership, boards... Enginuity Outsourcing aligns itself with all station department heads and leverages its
strong relationships with your corporate underwriters to help you achieve
your station's goals.
BACK TO TOP
“I was somewhat skeptical at first but I have been pleasantly surprised by how easy it was to make the transition and by how motivated our existing staff became afterwards. I didn’t expect so much market analysis and the "special packages" that help move inventory during the slower months. I have been extremely pleased with how the Enginuity Outsourcing employees interact with WPLN staff. It’s one of the smartest business decisions we have made.”
---Evelyn Roberts, Accounting Manager, WPLN, Nashville
News & Events
- Going to PMBA? Attend Jim Taszarek's session as part of the Critical Skills track, Underwriting Strategies for CFOs. How to be successful in the shift from broadcast sponsorship to digital sponsorship will be addressed. More »